THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY 2020 Program & Schedule ESSAY PROGRAM Saturday, February 22, 2020 FOUR SEASONS BALLROOM
8:30 a.m. Introductory Remarks
8:45 a.m. MARK A. PIPER, DMD, MD “Insights into Restorative Dentistry from Forty Years of TMJ Surgery”
9:45 a.m. MATTHEW R. ROBERTS, CDT “The Impact of Digital Design Technology on Aesthetic and Reconstructive Dentistry”
10:45 a.m. FRANK M. SPEAR, DDS, MSD “Managing Patients with Challenging Anterior Esthetic and Functional Relationships”
11:50 a.m. LUNCHEON PRESENTATION
12:35 p.m. PRESIDENT INTRODUCTIONS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
12:45 p.m. LUNCHEON- ROOM ASSIGNMENTS Please check your lunch ticket for room assignment.
2:00 p.m. M. NADER SHARIFI, DDS, MS “Uppers Are from Mars, Lowers from Venus: Clarifying Overdentures”
3:00 p.m. ISTVAN URBAN MD, DMD, PhD “New Perspectives on Vertical and Horizontal Ridge Augmentation”
4:00p.m. INAKI GAMBORENA, DMD, MSD, FID “Achieving Implant Success & Managing Failures in the Anterior Zone”
6:30-8:00 p.m. PRESIDENT'S RECEPTION THE FOUR SEASONS BALLROOM
PROJECTED CLINIC PROGRAM Sunday, February 23, 2020 THE FOUR SEASONS BALLROOM
8:45 a.m. Introductory Remarks
9:00 a.m. MARCOS A. VARGAS, DDS, MS “Diastema Closure – Direct Freehand Techniques”
9:20 a.m. EDWARD ZEBOVITZ, DDS “The Marriage of Smile Design and Airway”
9:40 a.m. VICTOR CLAVIJO, DDS, MS, PhD “Taking Control on Challenging Esthetic Cases Using the Power Trio: Ceramic Crowns, Implants and Veneers”
10:00 a.m. EDUARDO ANITUA, MD, DDS, PhD “Alveolar Ridge Preservation in the Aesthetic Zone: The Biological Approach”
10:20 a.m. MOHAMED I. FAYAD, DDS, MS, PhD "Cracking the Cracked Teeth Code Utilizing CBCT Imaging: New Perspectives on Diagnosis, CBCT Imaging, Treatment Strategies, and Outcomes"
10:40 a.m. NUNO SOUSA DIAS, DDS, MS "Interdisciplinary Aesthetic Dentistry – The Impact of Orthodontics on the Final Outcome in Complex Clinical Cases"
11:00 a.m. ADAMO E. NOTARANTONIO, DDS "Numerical Shade Communication: Objective Shade Matching Between the Dental Clinician and the Dental Laboratory"
11:20 a.m. DREW MCDONALD, DDS, MS "Asymmetric Condylar Dimension and TMJ Disc Displacement in Class II Pre-Orthodontic Patients: A Case for Pre-Orthodontic Diagnosis of TMJ Condition in Class II Malocclusions"
11:40 a.m. THE RALPH W. PHILLIPS MEMORIAL LECTURE “The Annual Scientific Literature Review” TERENCE E. DONOVAN, DDS
12:15 p.m. LUNCHEON – SUNDAY Open Seating (no Lunch Room assignments)
2:00-4:15 p.m. TABLE CLINICS - THE FOUR SEASONS BALLROOM
TABLE CLINIC PROGRAM Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. FOUR SEASONS BALLROOM
1. SETH ATKINS, DDS “Digital Workflows in Dental Practice –– A Focus on Chairside Implementation”
2. ALVARO BLASI, DDS, CDT “Digital Pre-Orthodontic Prosthesis: “Guiding the Treatment in Complex Situations”
3. INÊS CASTRO BARBOSA, DDS “Rubber Dam Isolation – Simple “Workflow for Maximum Benefit”
4. MARTIN G. GOLLNER, DMD “Integrating Analogue Methods in the Digital Workflow”
5. BRIAN GRAY, DDS “Incorporation of Efficient Minor Tooth Movement (MTM) to Optimize Restorative Success”
6. JILL E. KINZER, DDS “Re-Establishing the Incisal Edge: Esthetic, Function and Structural Considerations”
7. COURTNEY LAVIGNE, DMD “Applying Shading and Layering Techniques in Anterior Composite Restorations to Optimize and Achieve Superior Esthetic Results”
8. ANNALISA MAZZONI, DDS, PhD “Protocols for Predictable Bonding”
9. JILL OMBRELLO, DDS “Sleep Disordered Breathing- The Silent Epidemic Effecting 9 out of 10 Children”
10. PATRICIA OYOLE, DDS, MBA “Botulinum Toxin as a Resource for the Dental Practice”
11. J. MICHAEL ROGERS, DDS “An In-Office Technique for Implant Provisionals with Optimal Emergence Profiles and Aesthetics”
12. KENTON A. ROSS, DMD “The Restorative Dentist’s Role in Treatment Planning, Course Correction of Orthodontic Movements and Final Tooth Position in Airway Management”
13. BASHAR SNOBER, DDS, MSD “The Power of Communication and Emotional Intelligence in Dentistry”
14. JASON C. STONER, DDS “The Vascularized Interpositional Periosteal Connective Tissue Graft (VIP-CT): A Novel Approach to Esthetic Challenges”